This programme has several aims:
- to raise awareness of our current situation
- to educate the importance of bees
- replant foraging areas that are fundamental to the survival and reforming of bee colonies
- complete and promote research which targets understanding the impacts bees and other pollinators have and the effects of their current and future environment has on them.
- take action to reverse any negative impact which has already occurred.
Bee Worldwide primary focus is to promote individuals and other groups to help bees in their own communities by planting some bee-friendly plants in their gardens. We will extend this to finding donated land and use volunteers to plant flowers in these areas. We also hope to set up a franchise model to become a bee keeper under our own brand, and this will include training, equipment and advice etc.
Our research will be world leading and we will also collaborate with universities who are also working in this field of study. This will include monitoring bee movements with trackers (little backpacks) bee counting and many more scientific experiments. With the results, we can see if we can reverse any of the issues and help promote these messages so others can assist with the issues.
Over time, Bee Worldwide will create a learning environment that will be an invaluable resource for bee keepers and an aspiration to the public and the community at large.